Modest Women's Clothing on the internet
Sites Relevant to Modest Clothing
These are other sites that are relevant to modest women's clothing. Please contact us if you have other good resources to share, or if one of these links doesn't work. Thanks, and enjoy!
- Kosher Patterns -- modest and kosher PDF sewing patterns that meets
halacha and My Sloper Pattern Making Software for Modest Dressmaking for women and girls offering patterns for tops, skirts, dresses, coats, jackets, accessories and more.
- Kathy's Modest Sewing Patterns -- Common Sense Patterns, Bubbling Creek, Friends Patterns, Prairie Clothing. Classic styles and Amish/Mennonite styles
- BirchStreet and Folkwear Patterns -- Folkwear patterns for ethnic and period apparel. Birchstreet patterns for modern style, many of which are very suitable for modest wear.
- Candle On the Hill Modest Sewing Patterns -- "Plain simplicity" styles.
- Baker Lane Patterns -- Women's and children's patterns inspired by the classic fashions of the past.
- Sense and Sensibility Patterns -- Era patterns, including Regency Era, Romantic Era, Edwardian, Swing, and "Titanic/Teens" styles. A lot of these would make amazing modest formal dresses.
- The King's Daughters Sewing Patterns -- Old fashioned but timeless patterns. The value packs come recommended.
- Sewing modest prom dresses -- The LDS gals have done it again with resources including patterns and instructions for some very resourceful sewing of modest prom dresses without the sticker shock.
- Ruby Lane Vintage Prom Dress patterns -- Looking to sew something from the days when modesty was still considered part of true beauty? Check out the patterns on sale at Ruby Lane. Also vintage prom dresses for sale.
- Lavolta Press books on historic costuming and vintage clothing -- Book anthologies which include patterns and fashion plates of Gilded Age, Reconstruction Era, turn-of-the-century, and Edwardian Era. For instance, the Edwardian Era book contains 85 patterns and 91 fashion plates.
- Edelweiss Patterns -- Patterns and accessories themed on the Sound of Music.
Modest Swimming Suit Patterns
Ready Made Modest Clothing
- Modestly Yours Swimwear Ebay Store -- Modest swimwear online!
- A Plus Family Ebay Store -- new and used modest clothing.
- Amish Mennonite Dress Ebay store -- Custom Handmade Amish Dresses and Mennonite Cape Dresses from Lancaster,Pa.
- Modest HomeComing Dresses -- Plus size with sleeves.
- Modest Apparel for Women and Girls -- hannahlise.com.
- The King's Daughters ready made shop -- Prairie style and other modest clothing.
- Modest World
- Modest Handmaidens -- Modest sewing patterns,as well as provide homemaking resources & related products.
- Mika Rose -- LDS
- Modest Swimwear -- Modest swimwear, fabric, sewing notions, plus size modest swimsuits, custom made swimsuits.
- Modest Women's Swimsuits -- StitchInTimes lovely modest swimwear. I like the skirted look.
- Girls modest Swimsuits -- StitchInTimes girls swimwear.
- Ringger Clothing -- specializes in classic dresses, modest dresses and skirts, jumpers and vests.
- Below The Knee -- Modest Girls's Clothing
- Modest Special Occasion Dresses (Prom, wedding, bridesmaid) Sizes 14-44
- Sierra Brooke -- New and gently used modest clothing.
- Modest, Practical Kids Swimsuits -- These are really great looking suits that will protect your kids' skin, allow them to swim safely, and help them enjoy modesty even while swimming.
- Hawaiian shirts and Hawaiian dresses -- Quite a few lovely Hawaiian style dresses, shirts, mummus, and more that will fit nicely in a modest wardrobe.
- Kosher Casual -- Modest sportswear for the modern lifestyle. Especially find sleeve exensions, and shirt neck dickies.
- Milk Nursing Wear -- Not all the styles are modest, but there is a nice selection of nursing dresses and tops that you can add to a modest wardrobe.
- Sewing Pattern Reviews -- Join and read and comment on pattern reviews. A fun and friendly site, though I'm not having a lot of luck finding more modest patterns I'm interested in.
Sites about Sewing in General
Shop for Sewing Notions
- Online Fabric Store -- Find fabric easily, and order a $1 swatch to make sure it's right for your sewing project.
- Pattern Tracing Paper -- Keep your patterns in perfect condition by tracing the size you need exactly to tracing paper. It saves you money in the long run by preserving your patterns.
- Seam Rippers -- I know, you don't want to think about it, but really, they're you're best friend. A good seam ripper can mean the difference between just removing a mistaken seam or tearing apart the fabric as you try.
- Scissors -- Many folks recommend Fiskars ™ scissors for that professional feel at home.
- Thread -- Whether you need serger thread, or prefer a special brand, you can find it online.
- Sewing Ribbons - Grosgrain, satin, wired, feather edge, you name your width and find it all online. Decorative accents on your clothes make them look truly unique and elegant.
- Pins -- I like the round ball point type. Easier for me to grab out of the pin cushion or remove after pinning a seam.
- Sewing machine needles and bobbins -- I like to keep some bobbins threaded always with white, black, and dark blue thread. Then I also try to keep two bobbins threaded with whatever color of thread my current project needs. I don't like to stop in the middle of a seam to wind a bobbin. It's also a good idea to keep extra machine needles around in case one breaks.
- Sewing kits -- Some of these would make really good beginners sewing kits. I like the looks of the Dritz Start-to-Sew kit.
- Buy Singer Sewing Machines -- I sew on the Singer 3343 machine.
- Clothing Labels - Nationbright is leading manufacturer of hang tags, clothing labels including Garment, Woven Label, Printed Fabric & Fashion Labels, Die Casted, Paper Pocket Flasher Label & much more.
- Sterling Silver Thimbles - Providing a nice addition to
your sewing kit, Silvergroves.co.uk has a selection of silver thimbles.
- Click Here To Review Our Site